Saturday, September 29, 2007

Always Love-Nada Surf

As i was sitting on my couch trying to write this blog, i realized i had been sitting in the same spot for almost two hours trying to figure out what my passion, favorite book, song, or film was. It appeared to me that i was going to flunk this assignment because i couldn't come up with anything until i heard "Always Love" by Nada Surf play through my computer speakers. "Always Love" has always been my favorite song because the message it sends out through its lyrics positively influences they way i think.

Listening to "Always Love" really makes me think about my life and how I spend my time. I have come to realize that life is so full of imperfections and hard times and I need to accept whatever happens. If I were to spend those hard times sulking and wishing things were different nothing will ever get better. That continuous thought process would forever burden my life, thoughts, and ambitions. It would be as if i were taking two steps backward for every step forward. "Always Love", in a way, brings me back to reality and helps me to be more optimistic.

The first verse begins like this:"To make a mountain of your life/ Is just a choice/ But I never learned enough/ To listen to the voice that told me/ Always love...Hate will get you every time/ Always love... Don't wait til the finish line". This verse is the most meaningful to me. It basically means that every choice I make in my life determines who I am going to be and who I will be known as after I have died; whether it be a great life or a regretful one. With every decision I face throughout my life, there will always be that little voice in my head persuading me to do the right thing but at the same time there will be an even louder voice trying to convince me to do the wrong thing that I must overcome.

Music has a way of unexpectedly influencing the way I view life. "Always Love" by Nada Surf is one of those few songs that has positively impacted me into rethinking my life and how i choose to live it. This is the reason why "Always Love" is and will always be my favorite song.

No comments: